New Data Integration Pipeline for Large-scale Analytical Data Products
We are proud to present you a brand new comprehensive data integration pipeline.
This pipeline covers extracting data from data sources, transforming the data according to predefined rules, and distributing it to your workspaces, where you can immediately start consuming it to create reports, insights, and dashboards.
The new pipeline is available immediately to all GoodData customers and is free of charge.
What benefits can you get from the new data integration pipeline?
- A fault-tolerant, high performance and scalable system intended for large analytical data products that grows together with your business
- A metadata-driven, modular, plug and play architecture, which lets you add another data source whenever you need it, without rebuilding the whole pipeline
How does it work?
- Connect your data sources
Schedule data pipeline building blocks called bricks to pull data from file/object storage, relational databases, or third-party services such as Salesforce or Google Analytics.
- Prepare your data
- Run initial deduplication and enrichment with computed fields.
- Manage how downloaded data is merged into persistent tables.
- Set up a flow of SQL transformations with reusable templates to pre-aggregate, de-normalize, process time-series data, build snapshots, consolidate multiple data sources, and much more.
- Distribute data to your customers
Organize your customers' prepared data into customer-specific workspaces using the Automated Data Distribution (ADD) component.
- Schedule and monitor
- Schedule and set up dependencies between data loading tasks.
- Get alerts via email or integrate alerts with third-party services (for example, PagerDuty).
- See the task execution history, access log files including possible failure detail.
Learn more about the new data integration pipeline:
If you have any question, contact your Account Manager.
Custom Colors in Analytical Designer and KPI Dashboards
You can upload your own color palette via API and Analytical Designer and KPI Dashboards will automatically use your colors from the imported palette instead of the default ones.
If you have already uploaded custom colors for the Reports and Dashboards sections in your workspace, your insights will now use these custom colors as well.
Change Insight Configuration
Data Warehouse JDBC Driver 3.3.0 Available!
We have released version 3.3.0 of the Data Warehouse JDBC driver. Download it from the Downloads page at https://secure.gooddata.com/downloads.html.
NOTE: If you are a white-labeled customer, log in to the Downloads page from your white-labeled domain:
What's new in this release?
We improved usability and integration of the Data Warehouse JDBC Driver with visual SQL client tools (for example, DBeaver).
We implemented the following:
- The getDate, getTime and getTimestamp method overrides with Calendar
- The getMetaData method in the PreparedStatement class
For more information, see JDBC Driver Limitations.
Download the JDBC Driver
Data Warehouse Upgrade to Vertica 9.1.1: First Phase Completed
We have completed the first stage of upgrading the Vertica software on our Data Warehouse to Version 9.1.1.
Completing the upgrade will take a few weeks.
NOTE: COPY FROM S3 is not working while the upgrade to Version 9.1.1 is in progress. It will be operational again when the upgrade is complete. For more information, see the previous Release Notes.
We will be posting more announcements to let you know the upgrade status.
Deprecation and Upcoming End-of-life: GET Method for PGP SSO Login
SSO GET method will reach end-of-life on February 15, 2019 and is being replaced by the more secure POST method. The GET method is now disabled by default.
Check your current PGP SSO login implementation to ensure you are using the POST method before the end-of-life, February 15, 2019.
PGP Single Sign-on
Deprecation and Upcoming End-of-life: Project Templates
The project templates are deprecated and will stop working on May 15, 2019.
How will this affect you?
If you are using the project templates, they will stop working on May 15, 2019. Any request to the GoodData platform that includes a project template will fail.
How can you get prepared?
Check whether you are using the project templates. If you are using them, start using Life Cycle Management (LCM) instead as soon as possible. LCM allows you to configure and control multiple workspaces through master workspaces.
Make sure that you either adopt LCM or update your solution to run without the project templates before the end-of-life, May 15, 2019.
For more information about LCM, see Managing Projects via Life Cycle Management or contact your Account Manager.