Upcoming: Dashboard Permissions
In January 2022, GoodData will introduce a new feature: Dashboard Permissions.
This feature will bring several changes:
- All newly created dashboards will be private, which means that only users who create the dashboards have access to them.
- It will be possible to share these private dashboards with other users or user groups from your workspace.
- The Dashboards navigation list will be split into three sections:
- Locked dashboards for dashboards that were shared with you and that are locked. They can be edited only by administrators.
- Shared dashboards for dashboards that you created and shared with others, or others shared with you.
- Drafts for dashboards that you created and have not yet shared.
This change will have no impact on the already existing dashboards which will remain shared with all users. The rights for these dashboards will still be determined by the user roles.
Once this feature is released, you will be able to disable it for a limited period using platform settings.
Google Sheets Downloader: New Component of Data Preparation and Distribution Pipeline
We have released Google Sheets Downloader, a new component of our data preparation and distribution pipeline.
Google Sheets Downloader allows you to download data from Google Sheets spreadsheets. The data will be uploaded to Big Data Storage, then processed according to your pipeline configuration and uploaded to your workspaces.
NOTE: If you have been using a version of Google Sheets Downloader deployed from the GoodData Services Appstore, we recommend that you migrate from your version to the newly released Google Sheets Downloader, which is kept up-to-date automatically.
Google Sheets Downloader
GoodData.UI Version 8.7 Available: Dashboard Component, Dashboard Plugins, and Roadmap
We have released Version 8.7 of GoodData.UI, our powerful library for building analytical applications powered by GoodData.
What's new in GoodData.UI Version 8.7
- Dashboard component
The Dashboard component allows you to embed a KPI Dashboard into your application as a React component. For more information, see Introduction to the Dashboard Component.
NOTE: The Dashboard component supersedes the DashboardView component. For more information, see DashboardView.
- Dashboard plugins
You can now develop and link dashboard plugins. A dashboard plugin allows you to create and integrate custom code into your dashboards. With the plugins, you can customize and enhance the default experience available to your dashboard consumers.
For more information, see Dashboard Plugins.
You can now learn about what is planned for future releases of GoodData.UI - just visit the Roadmap page.
Internet Explorer 11 No Longer Supported
You no longer can use Internet Explorer 11 for the following components:
Support for the following components will continue:
Major GoodData.UI versions released after November 19, 2021, will not support Internet Explorer 11.
Switch to one of our supported browsers, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Mozilla Firefox.
System Requirements and Supported Browsers
REMINDER: Use TLS Version 1.2 or Higher Only -- End-of-Life Date Set
Support for Transport Layer Security (TLS) version 1.0 and 1.1 is deprecated and will end on May 31, 2022.
Please note that the end-of-life date was set to May 31, 2022.
How does this affect you?
All modern web browsers and programming languages already support the newer versions of TLS (1.2 and higher). Unless you use obsolete software or unsupported systems, you are not affected.
You may be affected if you are using an older version of the libraries or programming languages in your tools. To verify, check the documentation for your tool:
- Java: https://blogs.oracle.com/java/post/jdk-8-will-use-tls-12-as-default
- Microsoft Windows: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/security/solving-tls1-problem
- Python: https://docs.python.org/3/library/ssl.html
- Ruby: https://blog.rubygems.org/2018/02/24/tls-10-and-11-deprecation-notice.html
Before May 31, 2022, make sure that all your components and integrations use TLS version 1.2 or higher.
What will happen if you do not upgrade to the newer versions?
When support for TLS version 1.0 and 1.1 ends on May 31, 2022, if you do not switch to a newer version of TLS, the integration with the GoodData platform will stop working.
- For more information about the deprecation of support for TLS version 1.0 and 1.1, see Support for TLS Version 1.0 and 1.1.
- For more information about TLS protocols, see Supported TLS Security Protocols and Ciphers.
REMINDER: Upgrade Your GoodData.UI to Version 8.x
Version 7.x of GoodData.UI reached its end-of-development, and it is now in maintenance mode until March 31, 2022, when it will reach its end-of-support. The versions older than Version 7.x are no longer supported.
How does it affect you?
You are affected if you are using a version of GoodData.UI older than Version 8.x.
Upgrade your GoodData.UI to Version 8.x. We recommend that you do so as soon as possible.
- Review the breaking changes in Version 8.0.
- Follow our step-by-step Migration Guide that will walk you through the migration process.
What will happen if you do not upgrade to Version 8.x?
When Version 7.x reaches its end-of-support, it will receive neither new features nor bug fixes. No technical support will be provided. Although the version will still be available for use, we do not recommend that you use it.
To learn more about how different versions of GoodData.UI go through the life cycle phases and what level of support you can expect when using a specific version, see Supported Versions and Compatibility.