UPCOMING: Multiple Date Attributes in Insights
To help you analyze your data in more detail, we will be releasing an update that will allow you to work with multiple date attributes and dimensions in a single insight.
From the next release, you will be able to:
- Add multiple date attributes to tables.
- Set different date dimensions for date attributes in tables and heatmaps.
- Set different date dimensions in date attributes and date filters in all insight types.
To try the functionality before the official release, set the enableMultipleDates platform setting to true.
SAML Single Logout
We now support the Single Logout feature in SAML SSO implementations.
If you have SAML Single Sign-On (SSO) implemented on your site and your SAML SSO provider supports Single Logout, you can now use this feature, which can help you in the following situations:
- Log out a user from the GoodData platform when the user logs out of your application.
- Terminate a user's GoodData login session on an as-needed basis (for example, when a user leaves your company and you need to terminate all their login sessions).
Data Warehouse Upgrade to Vertica 10.0.1: First Phase Completed
We have completed the first phase of upgrading the Vertica software on our Data Warehouse to Version 10.0.1. The upgrade is being done on all the datacenters except for the Canada (CA), Montreal datacenter, which will be done later.
The upgrade requires no action on your side. Completing the upgrade will take a few weeks.
We will be posting more announcements to let you know the upgrade status.
REMINDER: Upgrade Your GoodData.UI to Version 8.x
Version 7.x of GoodData.UI reached its end-of-development, and it is now in maintenance mode until March 31, 2022, when it will reach its end-of-support. The versions older than Version 7.x are no longer supported.
Please note that the date was moved from November 5, 2021, to March 31, 2022.
How does it affect you?
You are affected if you are using a version of GoodData.UI older than Version 8.x.
Upgrade your GoodData.UI to Version 8.x. We recommend that you do so as soon as possible.
- Review the breaking changes in Version 8.0.
- Follow our step-by-step Migration Guide that will walk you through the migration process.
What will happen if you do not upgrade to Version 8.x?
When Version 7.x reaches its end-of-support, it will receive neither new features nor bug fixes. No technical support will be provided. Although the version will still be available for use, we do not recommend that you use it.
To learn more about how different versions of GoodData.UI go through the life cycle phases and what level of support you can expect when using a specific version, see Supported Versions.
REMINDER: Use TLS Version 1.2 or Higher Only
Support for Transport Layer Security (TLS) version 1.0 and 1.1 is deprecated and will end in one of future releases. We will announce the exact date as soon as it is set.
How will this affect you?
All modern web browsers and programming languages already support the newer versions of TLS (1.2 and higher). Unless you use obsolete software or unsupported systems, you are not affected.
You may be affected if you are using an older version of the libraries or programming languages in your tools. To verify, check the documentation for your tool:
- Java: https://blogs.oracle.com/java-platform-group/jdk-8-will-use-tls-12-as-default
- Microsoft Windows: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/security/solving-tls1-problem
- Python: https://docs.python.org/3/library/ssl.html
- Ruby: https://blog.rubygems.org/2018/02/24/tls-10-and-11-deprecation-notice.html
Make sure that all your components and integrations use TLS version 1.2 or higher.
What will happen if you do not upgrade to the newer versions?
When support for TLS version 1.0 and 1.1 ends, if you do not switch to a newer version of TLS, the integration with the GoodData platform will stop working.