Changes in User Roles: New Roles Introduced, Existing Roles Renamed
For the projects created on February 21, 2019, or later
We have made changes to the user roles on the GoodData platform. Currently, these changes apply to the projects that were created on February 21, 2019, or later.
What has changed?
- The two existing roles have been renamed:
- Embedded Only Explorer --> Explorer (embedded only)
- Embedded Dashboard Only --> Viewer (embedded only)
- The following new roles were introduced:
- Editor + User Admin: Editor with a permission to invite users to the project, to manage relations between data permissions and users, and to manage variables
- Editor + Invitations: Editor with a permission to invite users to the project
- Viewer (disabled exports): Viewer with a restricted permission to export reports
Renaming the two existing user roles may affect you in the following cases:
- If you are using the Users brick, which is a part of Life Cycle Management
- If you have implemented custom API-based user provisioning processes
In these cases, make sure that you are using the internal role identifiers and not the names of the user roles that are going to be renamed. The internal role identifiers have not changed. Using the user role names instead of the internal role identifiers will cause user provisioning processes to fail.
explorerOnlyRolefor the 'Embedded Only Explorer' user role.
dashboardOnlyRolefor the 'Embedded Dashboard Only' role.
What about the other projects?
Currently, these changes apply only to the projects that were created on February 21, 2019, or later. The projects that were created before February 21, 2019, still use the old names (Embedded Only Explorer and Embedded Dashboard Only) and do not offer the new user roles.
We are working on propagating these changes to all the remaining projects. We will post a separate announcement when the changes in the remaining projects are implemented.
Max Amount of Data to Upload to Projects in Full Mode Increased
We have increased the maximum amount of data that you can upload to a project in a single load transaction in full mode from 25 GB to 50 GB.
Now, the limits are as follows:
- 50 GB for full+incremental+delete mode
- 25 GB for incremental+delete mode
Platform Limits - Workspace Loading (log in to the GoodData Support portal to see this article)
REMINDER: Deprecation and Upcoming End-of-life: Project Templates
The project templates are deprecated and will stop working on May 15, 2019.
How will this affect you?
If you are using the project templates, they will stop working on May 15, 2019. Any request to create a new project that includes a project template will fail.
How can you get prepared?
Check whether you are using the project templates. If you are using them, start using Life Cycle Management (LCM) instead as soon as possible. LCM allows you to configure and control multiple workspaces through master workspaces.
Make sure that you either adopt LCM or update your solution to run without the project templates before the end-of-life, May 15, 2019.
For more information about LCM, see Managing Projects via Life Cycle Management or contact your Account Manager. For more information about the project template deprecation, see Project Templates.