Time Over Time Comparison - Previous Period
In Analytical Designer, you can now compare any item in the Measures section to the previous time period.
For example, if you filter your data to a 10-day period, 21-30 of March, Analytical Designer compares it to the previous 10 days, 11-20 March. Or, if you filter data to this month (October 2018), Analytical Designer compares it to the previous month (September 2018).
As with the comparison to the same period of the previous year released earlier, you set this comparison in the date filter, and Analytical Designer creates new items in the Measures section.
Change Insight Configuration
Analytical Designer now lets you change the properties of individual insights. You can show/hide axes, change the position of the legend, show/hide data labels, and so on.
Change Insight Configuration
JDBC Driver: End-of-Life of Version 2.8.0 through 2.9.0
Starting from October 4, 2018, the JDBC driver version 2.8.0 through 2.9.0 is no longer supported.
Check the version of your JDBC driver. If your version is 2.8.0 through 2.9.0, upgrade to the latest version, 3.1.2:
- If you are using the driver directly, download and install the latest version of the driver from the Downloads page.
- If you are using the driver via CloudConnect, upgrade your CloudConnect to the latest version: from the menu bar, click Help -> Check for Updates.
For more information about the end-of-life rules for the JDBC driver, see Data Warehouse Driver Version.
Improvement in Period-Over-Period Behavior
Improvements to period-over-period calculations now result in more accurate reports after fixing inconsistent behaviour, especially those that involve leap years. For more information how to create period over period using MAQL functions please follow the link below.
Build a Period-Over-Period Report
Announcement: Default XAE Version in New Domains
In GoodData's mid-October 2018 release, the default XAE version in new domains will be set to 3. If you create a new domain in GoodData, the default XAE version will unlock access to the latest capabilities such as Many-to-Many support.
All existing domains and customers will not be impacted by this and will remain on XAE version 1. We encourage you to consider upgrading to XAE version 3 to benefit from the latest capabilities. For more details check XAE Version 3 Prerequisites.
Announcement: Planned Changes in User Roles
We are planning to make changes in the user roles that are available on the GoodData platform.
What is going to change?
- The two existing roles will be renamed:
- 'Embedded Only Explorer' will become 'Explorer (embedded only)'.
- 'Embedded Dashboard Only' will become 'Viewer (embedded only)'.
- The following new roles will be introduced:
- Editor with a permission to invite users to the project
- Editor with a permission to invite users to the project, to manage relations between data permissions and users, and to manage variables
- Viewer with a restricted permission to export reports
Renaming the two existing user roles may affect you in the following cases:
- If you are using the Users brick, which is a part of Life Cycle Management.
- If you have implemented custom API-based user provisioning processes.
In these cases, make sure that you are using the internal role identifiers and not the names of the user roles that are going to be renamed. The internal role identifiers will not change. Using the user role names instead of the internal role identifiers will cause user provisioning processes to fail after the planned changes are implemented.
explorerOnlyRolefor the 'Embedded Only Explorer' user role.
dashboardOnlyRolefor the 'Embedded Dashboard Only' role.
We will post a separate announcement when the changes in the user roles are implemented.