When creating insights in Analytical Designer, you can now aggregate data in tables using different functions, such as Sum, Max, Min, Avg, Median, and Rollup.
Visualization types in Analytical Designer, section Table Totals.
Changes in Free Trial
We have changed how the free trial works on the GoodData platform.
Now, you can try out the GoodData platform in the following ways:
- If you are a new customer or do not have a GoodData account:
Contact us at https://www.gooddata.com/request-a-demo, and we will set up a free demo and trial access based on your specific needs.
- If you are an existing customer:
If you want to provide trial access to the GoodData platform to a person who is not a GoodData user:
- If you have a trial project in your domain, invite the person to that project (see Managing Users in Projects).
- If you do not have a trial project, create a new project using your authorization token (see Create a Project), and then invite the person to that project (see Managing Users in Projects).
Request a Demo
Default Watchdog Interval for CloudConnect Graphs Changed
The default logging interval for the WatchDog part of the CloudConnect graph execution log has changed and is now set to log every 5 minutes.
No action item is required on your side.
REMINDER: Upcoming Upgrade of Project Metadata Objects
Only for the customers who directly use the Visualization metadata objects using the programmatic API
We are planning to upgrade project metadata. The planned upgrade will be conducted in the following phases:
- Introducing a new type of the project metadata object called
- Migrating all project metadata objects of the
Visualizationtype to the newly created
What is the Visualization object type?
Project metadata objects of the
Visualization type keep information about insights. Insights are created in Analytical Designer and can be then either used in Analytical Designer directly or added to KPI dashboards.
How can this affect you?
- If you are using the GoodData SDKs, you will have to upgrade to the latest version of the SDK to adjust your code to the structural changes in the project metadata.
- If you are using project metadata objects directly, you will have to use
VisualizationObjectin your code instead of
Visualization. You will also have to use a new API to query for
Once we migrate all project metadata objects of the
Visualization type to the
VisualizationObject type, the
Visualization type will no longer be available for use, and any code still using it will stop working.
When is the upgrade going to happen?
Currently, the upgrade date is set to March 10, 2018. If we need to postpone the upgrade, we will inform you about the new date in the future Release Notes.
We will be posting separate announcements with updates on the project metadata upgrade and possible action items.