The following features are introduced to GoodData.CN in release 1.5.0:
- When you are working on your logical data model (LDM), the LDM Modeler now validates it as you make changes and warns you if there is an issue (for example, an empty dataset or a dataset with a missing title). This helps you build a more robust LDM.
- GoodData.CN supports Dashboard plugins. Dashboard plugins allow you to control, extend, and customize the content of dashboards. To learn more about Dashboard plugins, see GoodData.UI documentation .
- API endpoint /collectLabelElements supports POST method. We implement this method to prevent issues with long lists of items in filters. We are already using the POST method internally, starting with GoodData.UI 8.7.0. We are going to deprecate the GET method for this API endpoint in the upcoming version.
- You can use a subset of RSQL to filter results on entities APIs. Learn more .
- Properties in API payloads that represent empty groups are no longer mandatory and can be omitted from the payload as we relaxed our API validations. You can omit the following empty properties from now on:
- root level items - users, user-groups, data-sources, workspaces, workspace-data-filters with a limitation: bootstrap user/group can’t be managed via API and must be presented in the declarative document to be complete. Therefore user and user-group with at least bootstrap user/group must be presented in the document
- PDM section in a data-source definition
- model section in a workspace definition
- analytics/LDM section in a model definition
- dataset, date-dataset, attributes, and facts in a relevant section of an LDM definition
- analytical-dashboard, dashboard-plugin, metric, filter-context, visualization-object in an analytics definition
- We fixed the behavior of our data source connection pool. It now respects data source affiliation to the organization.
- Logout does not work with Auth0 IdP or Google IdP.
- Incompatibility with Amazon Cognito.
- It is not possible to use
&excludeObjectsWithTagsin embedded dashboards.
Beta features are available for users to test and provide feedback. They do not have their implementation finalized. The behavior or interface for these features may change in the future.
- PATCH method support on entities APIs.
- We are working on integration with Data Source Managers such as Dremio, Apache Drill, or Presto. Thanks to the Data Source Managers, you can work with data lakes, federate multiple Data Sources in one workspace, or query non-SQL data such as REST APIs or files. Read more about the current implementation . We fixed several bugs in our Data Source Managers implementation in GoodData.CN 1.5, still the feature is not production-ready yet.
- We will deprecate the GET method for API endpoint /collectLabelElements in GoodData.CN 1.6.0. The endpoint will use only the POST method in the future. If you are using GoodData.UI migrate to version 8.7.0. which already supports the POST method for this endpoint.
Get the Community Edition
Pull the GoodData.CN Community Edition to get started with the latest release:
docker pull gooddata/gooddata-cn-ce:1.5.0
GoodData.CN Community Edition
If you are using a docker volume to store metadata from your GoodData.CN Community Edition (CE) container, download a new version of the GoodData.CN CE docker image and start it with your volume. All your metadata will be migrated.
If you are not using a docker volume to store metadata from your GoodData.CN CE container, follow the version specific and general upgrade guides .
GoodData.CN Production K8S Edition
To upgrade Helm chart, follow the general upgrade guide .